Wacom Tablets Best Buy
A comprehensive overview of the Wacom tablet range
Since its inception in 1983, Wacom has consistently provided its customers with the best products in the digital tablet industry.
Unlike many of their market competitors, Wacom designs and manufactures products that cater to artists of all skill levels, from beginners to professional illustrators, designers, cartoonists, and others. Not only that, but their products are now widely used by educators who teach digitally as well as people who work from home.
Wacom tablets are available in a variety of sizes and prices, as well as a wide range of specifications, making it much easier for you to find a tablet that meets your needs while remaining within your budget.
The tablets never fail to impress and provide artists with the best drawing experience possible. Most tablets include a pen with the appropriate level of pressure sensitivity, giving you the realistic feel of drawing on paper.
Wacom has developed unique products over the years that have features that make them stand out.
Disclaimer – This website contains affiliate links. If you find the information useful and click on a product link and make a purchase, a small commission will be earned by Big Red Illustration
01) Wacom Cintiq Pro 32 Creative Pen and Touch Display
4K graphic drawing monitor with 8192 pen pressure and 99% Adobe RGB (DTH3220K0), 32″
- 31.5-inch Display with 4K resolution, allowing you to view every part of your work with high precision.
- Colour performance of 99 percent Adobe RGB and 97 percent sRGB, with 1.07 billion colours.
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 features tilt recognition as well as 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Multi-touch gesture support, an on-screen keypad, radial menus, and a one-touch shortcut ExpressKey Remote with a touch ring.
- Connect to Mac (OS X 10.11 or later) or PC (Windows 7 or later) with the included cables/connectors for USB-C, HDMI, or Mini/DisplayPort.
Wacom Cintiq Pro 32, a 4K graphic drawing display with 8192 pen pressure levels and 99 percent Adobe RGB, suitable for both Mac and PC (OS X 10.11 or later) (Windows 7 or later).
The Wacom Cintiq Pro 32 should be recognizable to any digital artist, animator, or graphic designer. The Cintiq pro 32 is the biggest Wacom drawing tablet ever developed, whether it’s for pen tablets, digital pen tablets, or monitor pen tablets. The Wacom Cintiq Pro 32 is a 32-inch digital drawing tablet with a premium 4K (3840 x 2160px) screen and world-class colour performance, making it suitable for all creative professionals who like to work on a bigger screen.
The Wacom Pro Pen comes with 8192 pressure levels and provides users with remarkable accuracy. The pen and tablet work together to create a smooth and outstanding working experience.
02) Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16″
Windows 10, Intel Core i7, 512GB SSD: Second Generation
- Intel i7- 8559U processor, 16GB system memory, 512GB SSD, & Thunderbolt 3 connectivity
- 15.6” 4K/UHD (3840 x 2160) screen with up to 85% Adobe RGB coverage (CIE1931) and included 3-angle adjustable Wacom Stand
- 2D, 3D, video, and CAD applications with graphics options including the powerful NVIDIA Quadro P1000 graphic card
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 and 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity, tilt response & lag-free tracking – pen computer includes customizable ExpressKeys & multi-touch surface.
- 16GB system memory and 512 GD SSD.
Wacom Mobile Studio Pro 16″, Windows 10, Intel Core i7, NVIDIA Quadro P1000 graphic card, 16GB RAM, 512GB SSD
Wacom offers a wide range of tablets to meet the demands of a wide range of users. Wacom has created the mobile studio Pro, which is a full Windows 10 computer with a touchscreen that is ideal for all creative workers who want high performance, as well as those that use 3D tools and render and require a portable device with pen capabilities. The mobile pen computer also includes the new Wacom Pro Pen 2, which offers incredible accuracy with 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity and unparalleled tilt recognition, making it an indisputably great solution for anybody who wishes to use Photoshop.
03) Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 Creative Pen and Touch Display
4K graphic drawing monitor with 8192 pen pressure and 99% Adobe RGB (DTH2420K0), Black
- 23.6-inch touchscreen display with 4K resolution
- 99% Adobe RGB & 97% sRGB color performance and 1.07 billion colors.
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 with tilt recognition & 8,192 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Use the provided USB-C, HDMI, or Mini/DisplayPort cables to connect Cintiq Pro 24 to your Mac (OS X 10.11 or later) or PC (Windows 7 or later).
- 26.65 x 15.5 x 1.9 inches in dimension, and weighs 15.87 pounds.
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24, Vibrant 4k 23.6-inch Display, Wacom Pro Pen 2, Supports Mac and Windows systems.
Wacom Cintiq Pro 24 is a true powerhouse in the world of pen displays. This is as good as you can possibly get with pen displays. It has a large size which offers a great amount of surface area to draw on. This robustly built device also has an incredible screen resolution which is industry-leading and probably unheard of in pen displays.
The pen that comes with this drawing has high amounts of pen pressure sensitivity and checks all the boxes when it comes to functionality. It is a battery-free pen and helps you enhance your drawing experience. This is one of those tablets that you can not go wrong with!
04) Wacom Cintiq 22 Drawing Tablet with HD Screen
Graphic Monitor, 8192 Pressure-Levels (DTK2260K0A) 2019 Version, Medium & DTK1660K0A Cintiq 16 Drawing Tablet with Screen
- Wacom Pro Pen 2 with 8, 192 levels of pressure sensitivity
- 21.5” 1920 x 1080 HD Display, Anti-Glare surface
- 16.7 million colours, 72% NTSC/Cue 1931 typical
- HDMI and USB cable support, adjustable stand
- 3-months of ZBrush 2021, 6-months of Clip Studio Paint EX
Wacom Cintiq 22, Wacom Pro Pen 2, Drawing Tablet with 21.5” HD Screen, 8192 Pressure-Levels.
Wacom’s Cintiq 22 tablet is simply a less expensive version of Wacom’s large-size tablets. While the price is lower, it is still a high-end Wacom tablet with an amazing drawing performance.
With its fantastic screen and the highly pressure-sensitive Wacom Pro Pen 2, this tablet is more than adequate for most creative professionals, making it a great drawing tablet.
Furthermore, the parallax on this tablet has been much decreased, and it offers a more natural and pleasant sketching experience.
The addition of a three-month trial for ZBrush 2021 and a six-month trial for Clip Studio Paint is a welcome feature.
05) Wacom DTH1620AK0 Cintiq Pro 16″ Graphic Tablet
With Link Plus, Black
- Wacom’s Pro Pen 2 technology stylus.
- Tilt-support and 8192 levels
- 15.6 inch display with 1920×1080 resolution
- 16.7 million colours bit, 72% NTSC/Cie1931 typical
- 3 in 1 (HDMI) connection cable, 3-months of ZBrush 2021
Wacom DTK1620K0, Cintiq 16, Wacom Tablet with Screen, 15.6 inches 1920 x 1080 HD display, Wacom Pro Pen 2, 8192 levels.
The Wacom Cintiq 16 is one of Wacom’s best large-size drawing tablets. The Cintiq 16, like previous Wacom Cintiq models, is affordably priced while retaining the majority of Wacom’s larger tablets’ distinguishing features. One important selling element is the brand familiarity it carries. Because of the brand name, it must meet specific requirements, which it accomplishes well, making it an outstanding tablet.
Although it is not one of Wacom’s entry-level tablets, it is a mid-range drawing tablet with a 15.6-inch 1920 x 1080 tablet screen that provides a wonderful drawing experience.
It is compatible with most softwares such as Adobe Photoshop, Clip Studio Paint, and more. Considering that, this tablet is ideal for use as a photo editing and drawing tablet.
06) Wacom (PTH860P) Intuos Pro Paper Edition digital graphic drawing tablet
For Mac or PC, Large, New Model, Black
- 16.8 inches by 11.2 inches in dimensions with a drawing surface of 12.1 inches by x 8.4 inches.
- Multi-touch surface, programmable express keys, radial menus, and pen side-switches.
- Battery-Free Wacom Pro Pen 2 with 8, 192 levels of pressure sensitivity
- Tilt-response and virtually lag-free tracking
- Requires: USB port, Windows 7 or later (64bit), Mac OS 10.12 or later, Bluetooth Classic for included wireless connection to PC or Mac
Wacom PTH860, 12.1 inches by 8.4 inhces portable drawing tablet, Programmable Express Keys, 8192 level Battery-less Pen.
The Wacom PTH860 Intuos Pro is a highly efficient drawing tablet. Although it is not a standalone drawing tablet, it is portable owing to its support for android devices. The most notable feature of this tablet is the support for the Wacom Pro Pen 2, which is an amazing pen that makes drawing and editing much simpler. It has a slim design with tilt-response and virtually lag-free tracking for precision and control. All of these features rank it as one of the best tablets without a screen.
07) Wacom One Drawing Tablet with Screen, 13.3 inch Pen Display
For Beginners and Digital Mark-up: Mac, PC, Chromebook & Android (DTC133W0A)
- Art Tablet with an active drawing area of 6.0 x 3.7 inches
- Left and right-handed use supported.
- Battery-less Pen with 2048 pressure levels
- Patented electromagnetic resonance method
- 250 grams Tablet weight, 9 grams pen weight
One by Wacom, Wacom Tablet, Best Cheap Drawing Tablet, 6 x 3.7 drawing surface, Student drawing pad for Windows, Mac, and Chromebook.
The Wacom One tablet gives an excellent combination of functions at a very affordable price, allowing you to enter the world of digital art without spending a lot of money.
Functions such as drawing, editing, or learning are all simplified by this tablet, making it an excellent tablet for beginners.
This graphical drawing tablet has an active working space of 6.0 x 3.7 inches. Furthermore, it may be set up to be used as a left or right-handed device. All of the major drawing softwares are supported and operate well with this tablet.
08) Wacom Sketchpad Pro Graphic Pen Drawing Tablet
Similar Intuous Pro Genuine Leather, Software Included, Compatible with Windows, Mac OS, AppleiOS, Android, AMAZON EXCLUSIVE – Built for Professionals
- Wacom Tablet with Pro genuine leather.
- 9.1 x 9.1 x 9.1 inches in dimensions and weighs only one pound.
- Comes with its own personal Inkspace Software for professional creatives.
- Compatible with Windows and Mac computers as well as iOS and Android devices.
- Draw portably without the need to connect to a computer, and transfer the drawing to a computer or smartphone once you’re done.
Wacom Sketchpad Pro, Graphics tablet, Fine-tip pen, 9.1 by 9.1 by 9.1 inches in size, Inkspace software, Supports Windows and Mac computers as well as iOS and Android devices.
Before we had the digital resources, art was done the traditional way, with just a pen and paper. If you’re one of those people who prefer the feel of paper over a screen, the Wacom sketchpad pro is the ideal option for you. Wacom has designed the sketchpad pro to be easy to use, making it suitable for beginners. All you’ll have to do is press a button after you’re done with your sketch, and voila, you’ve got yourself a digital sketch.
The sketchpad pro includes a fine-tip pen that you can use to bring your creativity to life, or you could also get the optional Ballpoint Pen. And if you’re an artist that likes to change their working environment from time to time, you mustn’t worry, this device is lightweight and very easy to carry.
In addition to that, this device tends to capture drawings in raster or vector formats with the help of the Inkspace software. And you will get the Inkspace app and Inkspace Basic with Wacom ID.
09) One by Wacom
Student drawing tablet for Windows PC, Mac and certified Works With Chromebook, Small
- The active working surface is 6.0 x 3.7 inches in size
- This tablet supports both left and right-hand usage.
- A battery-Free Wacom pen with 2048 levels of pressure sensitivity is included.
- Wacom’s electromagnetic resonance technology.
- Tablet weighs 250 grams and digital pen weighs 9 grams
One by Wacom, Battery-Free pen with 2048 pressure levels, 6 by 3.7 working area, compatible with Windows, Mac, and Chromebook devices.
The One by Wacom definitely stands out from its competitors owing to the quality that’s ingrained in it, thanks to Wacom’s multiple design and technological advances. This Wacom gadget is undoubtedly a fantastic addition to Wacom’s product range.
When linked to a PC or even a laptop, this drawing tablet serves as your canvas. It works with a variety of operating systems, including Mac, Windows, and Chrome OS devices running the most recent version of Chrome OS.
This tablet’s active working area is 6.0 x 3.7 inches and can be adjusted for left or right-handed use. It employs the same electromagnetic resonance technology as earlier Wacom tablets.
10) Wacom Intuos Graphics Drawing Tablet
Mac, PC, Chromebook & Android (small) with Software Included – Black (CTL4100)
- The pen featured with this tablet has 4096 levels of pressure sensitivity.
- Comes with Four express keys that are customizable
- Tablet dimensions at 7.8 x 6.3 inches with an active drawing area of 6.0 x 3.7 inches.
- Also available as a Wacom intuos medium
- Three month trial of EdTech Software included
- Compatible with Chromebook
Wacom Intuos, Graphics Drawing Tablet, Stylus Pen Pressure 4096 Levels, Compatible with Mac, PC, Chromebook & Android, Illustration Software Included.
As a beginner, this Wacom tablet is one of the best drawing tablets to consider. It offers an outstanding degree of performance at a very reasonable price. It’s a tablet with a 6 x 3.7-inch active surface that you may use by attaching it to your computer via a USB wire. This Wacom Intuos graphics tablet runs on Mac OS 10.10 or later, Windows 7 or later, Chromebook, and some Android devices that run Android 6.0 or later. It’s simple to set up and works with a variety of drawing programs. It is an appealing alternative and one of the finest drawing tablets for beginners due to an overall great balance of features and price range.
General Information About The Wacom Range
Wacom tablets best buy: what to look for:
Display vs graphics
Display drawing tablets and graphics drawing tablets have one major distinctive difference. The display drawing tablets enable drawing on their own screen, rendering users mobility and quick edits. Graphics drawing tablets need to be connected to an external device to edit and view photos. Regardless of the absence of mobility, the best graphics tablet will still offer an outstanding experience. Some may even prefer them because of their more natural feel.
The thing to consider with drawing tablet’s size is what you value more, portability or a larger drawing surface. The larger devices don’t offer as much mobility as their smaller counterparts, but they do offer more drawing area, which most people may find a handy addition. It is important to note that in most drawing tablets, size is not a testament to their performance levels.
Controls and shortcut keys
Shortcut keys aid in efficiency while working on a project. People of all skill levels benefit from the perks of shortcut keys. Your navigation between applications and accessing various tools while drawing becomes significantly easier and leads to an apparent smoothness in the workflow. Getting more shortcut keys is always a good thing. I definitely recommend looking for more shortcut keys in your potential drawing tablet.
The pressure sensitivity will determine the amount of smoothness and the type of drawing experience that you’ll achieve from the pen. A higher pen pressure sensitivity will give a more natural feel to your drawing, but if you’re on a budget, it may be something you may consider cutting back on.
Wacom has a diverse range that targets various price points. Wacom is an industry-leading firm that makes sure to hit the bullseye with each of their products, so it is safe to say that picking any product from any price point of the Wacom line-up won’t leave you disappointed. It is needless to say that, in the cheaper versions, there will be some cutbacks on some key features. It’s essential to adjust your expectations accordingly.
Conclusion / Roundup
The list of drawing tablets above only serves to demonstrate how diverse Wacom’s product specifications are. In the end, no matter which Wacom product you choose, smooth performance and a satisfying drawing experience are guaranteed. Although some Wacom products are a little pricey and may go over your budget, when the features and specs that Wacom’s products offer over other drawing tablets are taken into consideration, the price you pay for your drawing tablet would be a great investment and totally worth your money.
In compliance with the FTC guidelines, please assume the following about all links, posts, photos and other material on this website: Any/all of the links on this website are affiliate links of which The Big Red Illustration Agency receives a small commission from sales of certain items, but the price is the same for you. www.bigredillustrationagency.com is a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for sites to earn advertising fees by advertising and linking to Amazon.com & Amazon.co.uk. Pages on this site may include links to Amazon and its affiliate sites on which the owner of this website will make a referral commission.
Written By Adam Rushton
Adam has made a name for himself in the illustration industry and is a passionate blogger and writer on the subject of art, illustration and graphic design.
His artwork has been featured in countless publications and used for very well-known media projects. As a professional illustrator for over 20 years, Adams media outlets, a wealth of knowledge, and experience enable him to consult and advise artists and illustrators in this country (from York and Manchester to Southampton and London) and all over the world.